How to find Kylesku Hotel
Kylesku Hotel is in Sutherland on the northwest coast of Scotland, on the North Coast 500 coastal route. You’ll find us in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, on the banks of Loch Glendhu, not far from the iconic Kylesku Bridge.
To get here, first reach Inverness by train, car or plane and drive two hours through breathtaking scenery, or come by sea and anchor in the bay.
- Tip: Fill up with petrol in Inverness, Scourie or Ullapool.
By Car From Inverness (2 hours)
- From Inverness, head north on the A9 over the Kessock Bridge.
- Around 5 miles north of the bridge, at the roundabout, take the A835 to Ullapool (66 miles).
- Head north through Ullapool (signposted Kylesku) and continue for 19 miles.
- At the the Ledmore T-junction, turn left on to the A837.
- After 8 miles, turn right on to the A894 (signposted Kylesku).
- After 6.5 miles, look out for the Kylesku hotel sign and turn right down the slope into Kylesku village.
- Park at the end in front of the hotel. Watch out for the slipway!
Flybe and Easyjet flights from Gatwick, Luton, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester to Inverness are reasonably priced, if you book well in advance.
During the summer months, there are some direct European flights.
Helicopters can land outside the hotel by prior arrangement.
For long-distance overnight coach travel from London to Inverness, see the National Express bus service.
A local bus service, the Far North bus, operates the 804 service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from May to October. It runs from Ullapool to Durness and back (via Lochinver), and can drop people off at the Kylesku turn-off at the top of our road.
If you have a boat, you can find a sheltered spot easily enough within the loch. The slipway is good for mooring, but don’t leave the dinghy unattended as it gets used quite a bit.