Guided Story Walks
A Guided Walking Tour Through Assynt
Uncover the hidden beauties of Assynt with a relaxed and engaging Guided Story Walk, led by award winning storyteller, folklorist and poet, Griogair MacAllein. Based in Lochinver, Griogair will take you to visit the old crofting settlements, peat roads, rivers and woods that he feels have been overlooked and underappreciated.
Embrace the journey through these hidden spots and discover the areas less visited by NC500 travellers. On his walking tour, Griogair will show you:
- Hidden stories lying beneath ancient stones and bracken
- Forgotten tales along the riverbanks and dark lochans
- Historic accounts concealed in corners of old croft houses
- The connection between the surroundings and previous beliefs and folklore
- How to understand the ‘Traveller’s signs of the ‘old ways’’
- How to use bushcraft to create shelters and art
Griogair’s Guided Story Walks cover the lower level of Assynt and can be adapted to suit all levels of experience and abilities. A delicious picnic or packed lunch can also be provided by our hotel.
Booking And Pricing
Our guests can enjoy Guided Story Walks all year round. However, booking is subject to availability and weather dependent. Speak to our team today for more information and pricing.